Happy Friday — and HAPPY 2016! We’re well into the month now and, already, this year is shaping up to be a great one, especially on the real estate front. Here are some trends, tips and unique insights we were buzzing about this week:
- There are plenty of pro-buyer trends bubbling to the surface this year…
- Need another reason to leave the city? The median sale price in Manhattan just hit a record high, of $1.15 million. And NYC’ers aren’t along — the median sale price in San Francisco is right there, too.
- And when you do move, are you looking to move near Mom? You aren’t alone. The average American lives just 18 miles away from their mother.
Heading to the ‘burbs this weekend? Why not snag some great eats at local farmers markets? Even though the temperatures are (finally!) starting to drop from coast to coast, these winter markets are still open for business — and definitely worth a visit.
- Heading out of NYC? Long Island Green Market has winter go-tos all over the Nassau and Suffolk, including must-sees in Long Beach, Huntington Station and more. In New Jersey, Denville and Morristown are popular weekend stops for families, with bustling farmers markets with tons of local goodies.
- The Diablo Valley Farmers’ Market was voted Walnut Creek’s favorite farmers’ market by Walnut Creek magazine — and with good reason! With a gourmet ambiance, seemingly endless local treats and, even, a Kid’s Craft Corner, this is a must every Saturday, all year long.
- Outside of Chicago, the Glenwood Sunday Market is still going — at least for one Sunday each month, in January, February and March!
Enjoy the weekend — and wherever your suburban adventures take you!