It’s the weekend! Lots going on in the residential real estate marketing this week:
- Good news for area buyers: jumbo mortgages are easier to come by, especially for higher-earning residents
- Strapped by student loan debt, younger Americans simply aren’t buying—and these education loans are costing the housing market $83 billion annually
- August sales were slow—is fall the new “it” market period?
Fall is filled with unique family-friendly festivals. Check out some of these one-of-a-kind events happening this weekend.
- The Chappaqua Children’s Book Festival returns this Saturday starting at 10:00am. Meet more than 80 authors and enjoy food, games and much more.
- On Sunday, head to Academy Square in Montclair for the town’s Country Fest, from 2:00pm – 4:00pm. Think music, dancing, food trucks and activities for all the kids!
- Dix Hills is celebrating music of every kind this weekend, during its Music from Around the World festival. On Friday come listen to South American guitar music at 7:30pm, followed by the Tito Batista Orchestra and Black Rose Big Band on Saturday, then jazz and blues on Sunday.
- Audubon’s Sanctuary in Greenwich is hosting its 2-day Hawk Watch Festival and Green Bazaar this weekend. Come for live animal shows, guided hikes, games, exhibits and a raptor release.
Enjoy the weekend!