It’s the weekend! Lots going on in the market this week—plus plenty in the suburbs! Here’s what to check out:
- New home sales drove the August market, increasing by 18%–the highest since May 2008.
- Are mortgage rates about to rise? Some experts believe they’ll hit 5% by mid-2015.
- The millennial housing demand continues to decline, despite affordability for young buyers improving
Between home tours and open houses, take in some local culture—an afternoon of art is a great way to take the pulse of a town!
- Get a feel for Connecticut history at the Westport Historical Society’s “Westport Visions” photography exhibit
- Westchester’s also getting in on the retrospectives! The “Legacies, Landmarks and Achievements” at the Osilas Gallery in Bronxville celebrates 350 years of change in the area.
- Head to Huntington for “Draw Out!” an afternoon of art and collage activities on the Heckscher Museum’s terrace
- Brooklyn artists are heading to the Garden State, with One River Gallery’s “Two River 2014” group showing featuring these exclusively BK artists