It’s the weekend—and (BONUS!) a LONG weekend! It’s a great time to hit the ‘burbs and check out what’s going on. Here’s what we’re seeing on the residential real estate front:
- Half of buyers are making the same major mortgage mistake
- Brooklyn rents are at record high—and there’s no end in sight
- Builders share the latest and greatest—and increasingly common—must-haves in new homes
With the holiday weekend comes plenty of fun, family-friendly activities—the perfect environment to get a quick pulse check of neighborhoods you’re considering.
- Head to Harrison for the town’s annual parade, which kicks off from Halstead Avenue at 10am on Monday
- Pack a picnic and head to North Hempstead Beach Park in Port Washington for fireworks, happening Saturday at 6pm
- In Connecticut, Rowayton’s annual parade steps off at 12pm on Sunday, and winds through downtown
- Summit’s parade ends with carnival-style food and plenty of giveaways for the kids—line downtown Summit for the kick off, happening at 10am on Monday
Enjoy the long weekend!