It’s the weekend! Time for open houses and showings—here’s what you need to know market-wise this week, and here’s what happening in the towns you’ll be stopping by (or passing through!).
- Time for a home inspection? Here’s the inside scoop on what it’s all about.
- An easy-to-follow infographic with the state of the mortgage market this week. The highlight? A 30-year fixed mortgage is hovering just over 4.1%.
- As if you didn’t need the reminder, living near a big city(ahem, NYC…) is getting pricier than ever.
On to the ‘burbs! Want to hit the links in your new town? Here’s some spots to scope:
- A mainstay in Westchester since the late 1800s, Ardsley Country Club in Ardsley-on-Hudson is a go-to for golfers, but also offers tennis, paddle tennis, pools and a kids program.
- The Birchwood Country Club in Westport is celebrating its 70th anniversary next year and, during these last 7 decades, it’s become a hotspot for golf, tennis, fine dining and socializing.
- Nestled in the heart of Short Hills, the Short Hills Club is a family-oriented private club overlooking the beautiful South Pond. Golf is hugely popular here, as are racquet sports.
- Harbor Links in Port Washington features an 18-hole champion golf course, 9-hole executive course as well as mini golf and hands-on classes and instructionals.