Happy Friday, house hunters! There’s lots of positive signs in the fast-emerging spring market. Here’s what caught our eye this week:
- Annual insurance premiums are down half a percentage point, to 0.85% of the total loan balance
- Three percent down loans have reemerged in the FHA market, with low percentage-down options such as 80/10/10 mortgages gaining steam
- Price growth slowed last year and continues to in 2015—but at a crawl, not a sprint…
This weekend is going to be another cold one! While you’re exploring, check out a children’s museum with your kids—and, this weekend, some of the best in the ‘burbs have loads going on beyond just exhibits!
- The Long Island Children’s Museum in Garden City is hosting “Healthyville” a hands-on celebration complete with wellness lessons all weekend long
- Bring your favorite stuffed animal to the Museum of Early Trades and Crafts in Madison for a “Stuffed Animal Sleepover” for kids age 2-6
- Stepping Stones Museum in Connecticut brings the Oregon Trail to life in its latest performance series, Themselves, happening SaturdaInspire your little ones with a Young Artists & Writers exhibit and hands-on activities at the Katonah Museum of Art, starting Sunday
Have a great weekend!