It’s the weekend—and the winter blast seems to have let up, at least for the weekend! It’s a great time to get out and start exploring, before the Spring rush! Here’s what’s happening this week:
- Are millennials putting off marriage and honeymoons in favor of home ownership?
- If they are, now’s a great time to buy—mortgage rates are near 2013 lows, with 30-year fixed mortgages averaging 3.69%
- In spite of these dips, the rent versus buy debate is heating up again
Shake off the chill while you’re exploring some new communities—and meet some of your (potential!) future neighbors, too! These family-friendly coffee shops and cafes are great ways to take the pulse of a town, and will give your brood a place to chill out—and warm out!—between stops.
- Honestly Delicious in Garden City serves up what most consider the best hot cocoa on Long Island, plus gourmet cupcakes, scones, sandwiches and more
- The Black Cow in Croton-on-Hudson and Pleasantville is famous for their bear cookies and piles of kids books, which your little ones will love—and you’ll love their lattes and other seasonal drinks
- In Montclair, Red Eye Café has become a go-to for families, serving up family-friendly classics like green eggs and ham, sweet treats, French press coffee and more
- Zumbach’s Gourmet Coffee in New Canaan roasts its own beans and offers a host of fair trade, free range drinks, snacks and savories perfect for the whole gang
Enjoy the weekend—and a break from the freezing cold!