It’s the weekend—and the last one before Christmas! Lots going on in residential real estate, as we push towards a new year:
- After a period of downsizing, the big, sprawling ‘burbs are back in a big way
- But are those suburban estates a good investment? The pros say YES, if you’re going to live there
- For new buyers, mortgage rates are locked—and low
Still have holiday shopping to tackle? This weekend’s your last chance! Squeeze in some stop-overs at these popular boutiques, in a few of our fave ‘burbs:
- Need a great last minute gift? Wish in Rye is Westchester’s go-to for home goods, from luxurious linens to Tuscan-style pottery and eclectic gift baskets
- From Burberry to Chanel, Hermes to kate spade and much, much more, there’s really nothing you can’t find at the Mall at Short Hills
- Pennyweights in New Canaan in a popular gift stop, with gorgeous jewelry and custom gifts at a variety of price points
- Pop into any of the Shops at Great Neck Plaza and you’ll find a perfect gift for just about anyone on your list—top it off with a sweet treat from Kron Chocolatier, and you’re good to go!
Happy house—and holiday—shopping!