It’s the weekend! Time for plenty of neighborhood exploration, open houses and tours—good luck! Here’s what’s going on in residential real estate this week:
- Need another reason to leave the city? Brooklyn was named the worst in terms of home affordability by Bloomberg.
- Many prospective buyers freeze their home search come winter, but the colder months are actually some of the best for buyers
- Low down payment mortgages are back in a big way
Still need to trim the tree? Pick out your family’s perfect spruce while you’re cruising some suburban hotspots. Here’s some great places to look:
- Heading to Westchester? Wilkens Fruit & Fir Farm has been a Westchester holiday mainstay for decades.
- Choose and cut your own Christmas tree in Everett’s Corner Tree Farm in Fairfield County. All trees are just $50!
- Seasonal favorite Elwood Pumpkin and Christmas Tree Farm in Huntington is a go-to from Halloween straight through the holidays.
- Hidden Pond Tree Farm in Mendham is more than just trees! Enjoy hot cocoa, hayrides and plenty of tasty treats, plus handmade holiday goodies.
Enjoy the weekend!