It’s the weekend! As you’re heading out to the ‘burbs to explore, here are some real estate news and trends that could impact your house hunt:
- Mortgage rates continue to hover around 4%, but some experts say they could hit 5.5% in the next 18-24 months. Translation: now is the time to buy!
- Single-family housing starts are at their highest levels since 2007
- What’s different about those houses? They’re actually getting smaller.
One of the biggest considerations when any family moves to the suburbs? The SCHOOLS. Check out these roundups of the top high schools in your area, from U.S. News & World Report:
- Redwood City, Fremont, Cupertino and San Jose top the list for the greater San Francisco area
- Leaving NYC? Area ‘burbs in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut boast tons of great schools including #73 nationally-ranked Rye Brook as well as topnotch performers in Weston, Garden City and Scotch Plains…the list goes on and on!
- There are tons of A+ suburban Chicago schools on this list, including nationally-ranked schools in Lincolnshire, Deerfield and Highland Park
Enjoy the weekend!