Happy July 4th weekend! Despite the holiday upon us, the NYC area real market is showing no signs of slowing down. Here’s what caught our eye this week:
- 10 key factors are impacting the market, including demo shifts towards boomers and millennials, rising interest rates and more
- A big reason to buy now? While prices are up slightly, mortgage rates remain low
- Rents are skyrocketing—not just in NYC, but everywhere
This weekend it’s all about the FIREWORKS—and the ‘burbs has plenty going on all weekend long.
- Katonah’s Pops, Patriots and Fireworks include an incredible performance by the Westchester Symphonic Winds, followed by fireworks at 8pm. If that sells out, head to Harbor Island Park in Mamaroneck, for festivities that start at 4pm (fireworks at 9pm!)
- Jones Beach’s annual fireworks are back in a big way, and top Long Island’s July 4th must-sees. Looking for something more low key? East Hills opens its Great Lawn for a kids’ parade, band performance and fireworks show, all starting at 10am.
- Fairfield’s July 3rd fireworks show is one of the best in CT. Starting at 9:15pm, families can gather at either Penfield or Jennings Beaches for great views. Be sure to purchase a beach pass in advance, though, to ensure you’ll zip right in!
- Maplewood is, again, hosting an all-day event, starting at 7am! For $15 families can participate in everything, from a 5K fun run and kids’ parade to ice cream eating contests, baking showdowns and a family circus, plus fireworks when it gets dark!
Whether you’re planning a much-needed vacation or, even, a staycation, we at the Suburban Jungle
Realty Group wish you a fun, relaxing holiday weekend. Happy 4th!